Year 5 2020 - 2021
Ancient Egyptian Adventures in Year 5
This half term, we have been finding out all about life in Egypt 5000 years ago. It has been interesting, exciting, gruesome and confusing (how on earth did they cope without a television!).
Our fabulous work has included many different activities:
- making our own Pyramids and choosing our treasures
- writing instructions for mummification (which is disgusting, by the way!)
- making our own papyrus
- researching Egyptian Gods
- learning how to write our name in hieroglyphics
- designing Egyptian style death masks
- and learning about all the different jobs the Egyptians had to do.
We are starting the term with lots of Place Value work before moving on to improve our multiplication skills. This means more times tables tests, so get practising! You can practise them over breakfast, in the car, in your head when you're swimming, before you go to bed and even in the bath. Practise makes perfect!
We will also be looking at addition and subtraction, statistics and area and perimeter.
Files to Download
Year 5: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 5: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 5: Gallery items
Our school during Lock-down 2020, by Corpus Christi Catholic Primary School
Year 5: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display