In PE our key improvement priority is to increase the provision of school sport, making it sustainable in having a legacy beyond current Sport Premium funding.
We have been granted funding for another academic year. This money has been distributed across a range of resources as we aim to improve the quality of teaching and learning in PE.
We aim to
· Improve the quality of teaching and learning
· Increase capacity and sustainability
· Increase participation rates in such activities as games, dance, gymnastics, swimming and athletics
· Develop leadership and coaching skills of Y5/6 children.
· Develop a wealth of sporting clubs that cater and appeal to all pupils.
· To provide children with opportunities to participate in competitions both within and between schools
· To have active playgrounds.
· Make a successful application for kite mark award
Funding will help to access wider community clubs and develop links with Rainford cricket, tennis club, St Helens RFC and increase participation of competitive sport facilitated through SHAPES. We will also be able to improve our external links with De la Salle High School, Rainford High School and Queens Park Leisure Centre who provides swimming lessons to improve the depth of sport offered to pupils.
Children in Key Stage 2 receive 6 hours swimming instruction at a local pool each year. Below please find a parent booklet giving information about learning to swim developed by the Amateur Swimming Association (ASA). The booklet includes details on the correct kit your child will need and the skills taught during school swimming sessions. At the moment our Y3 children are currently accessing this provision.