'School governors are people who want to make a positive contribution to children’s education’
The National Governors’ Association
Our governing body is made up of parents, staff, parish members and a local authority representative so that it represents all aspects of our school community. We are committed to ensuring that Corpus Christi provides all opportunities so that our children can realise their full potential whilst they are at Corpus Christi and after they leave us.
As school governors it is our responsibility to provide strategic leadership and accountability in Corpus Christi. Our three main functions are:
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
- Holding the head teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils.
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
Last year the Governing Body:
* Welcomed our new Head Teacher, Mrs Birchall, and collaboratively developed targets for 2015/16. We are delighted at this year’s successes:
- 95% of year 1 pupils achieving the expected standard in phonics screening
- Achieving the highest level across St Helens of pupils achieving ‘good level of development’ in the Early Years Foundation Unit.
- KS1 achieving results that are 16% higher than the local average for Reading/Writing/Maths
- KS2 achieving results that are 20% higher than the local average and 19% higher than the national average for Reading/Writing/Maths
* Secured Archdiocese funding for two class room extensions.
* Signed up to the Young Carers Promise, raising awareness across all our children and accessing support for our Young Carers.
* Began a journey of continuous improvement by under taking a self-evaluation activity which resulted in an improvement plan for the Governing Body.
This year we are committed to:
* Continuing our journey of continuous improvement by working towards the recognised Governor Mark accreditation.
* Improving our performance by acting on the feedback given to us through our Parents and Children’s questionnaires.
* Supporting all staff in delivering the School Development Plan. With the priorities:
- Develop outstanding outcomes for pupils attending our school.
- Develop outstanding teaching, learning and assessment in our school.
- Develop outstanding leadership and management.
- Develop an environment with outstanding personal development, behaviour and welfare ensuring it is fit for purpose where children are able to work in a high quality environment encompassing our high standards.
The Governing body will continue to work for the best interest of Corpus Christi and will do all that they can to achieve the best for our children, taking every opportunity available and facing any challenges that we may face.
If you want to get in touch with the governing body please email email@example.com
It is my privilege to be Chair of Governors at Corpus Christi. I look forward to seeing you at school and updating you throughout the year.
Chair of Governors
Tweets by @CCGovs