Year 4 is all about maths joy!
We have started this term by getting to know what are strengths are and what we would like to improve.
In this term, we will be focusing on the following topics:
- Place Value - the value of digits in a 4-digit-number
- comparing numbers with up to 4 digits
- ordering numbers
- adding and subtracting 1000s, 100s and 10s
- rounding to the nearest 10, 100 and 1000
- Multiplicaton and Division - multiplying by 1 and 0
- dividing by 1
- multiplying 3 single digit numbers together
- Addition and Subtraction - Adding and subtraction with up to 4 digits
- Columnar method
- Estimating and using the inverse
- Two step word problems